Sunday, May 19, 2013

Yesterday and Today


Yesterday was a day of graduations.  Dane's school had their graduation featuring Michelle Obama as the speaker and then Dane's cousin, Anna, graduated yesterday evening.  Anna is the last one to graduate in that generation on Dane's side of the family.  Next up will be Elise!

I got a picture of Michelle Obama and Dane together!

I'm a bit giddy with excitement with all that's happening in the "homesteading" sense this spring.  I'll share of bit of it with you in pictures from today

Elise helping out with her wheelbarrow


The bees are busy.  We hope to get 2-3 boxes of honey this year 
 
 The backyard garden is growing with a few surprise squash and tomato plants that came from the compost used.  And we got the garden lot planted just before a slow steady rain on Friday.

 Dane is working on a tree house that will join our yard with our neighbors.  Kids and adults are excited about it!

 
 Strawberries picked and jam made, and more strawberries to come from the garden lot
 
Elise's roses are blooming

We went to the grand opening for Nashville's new convention center today.  Here is Elise enjoying some of the festivities

 

 Elise has an obsession with shoes right now.  She likes feet too and you'll often see her kissing her own feet.  Here she is examining her Daddy's holey socked feet and walking around in her Daddy's shoes.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I pick strawberries, I remember our jam session...and all the bugs, of course. I haven't made jam in a long while. I should do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! And we picked Jones Orchard strawberries last weekend, with which I made a tasty little strawberry crisp. Everything homegrown and homemade makes me think of you. I'm looking out over the garden now. A little Forlines legacy. Love you (and look forward to talking about a Nashville house show!)

    ReplyDelete