Thursday, August 25, 2016

Carolina

We went for a short but sweet visit to North and South Carolina.  Our first stop was to visit my grandparents.  It was their first time to meet Naomi.  It might be our last time to see them before they move to France.  They are getting rid of all of their worldly possessions and offered to let us take some stuff.  I requested a kitchen utensil from Grandma and a gardening utensil from Grandpa.  Those cooking and gardening parts of who I am now were largely influenced by and passed down from them to my Dad and on to me.  I am grateful for that and wanted something to remind me of them while I cook and garden.  We visited with them for a few hours before saying goodbye and heading south to my parents.






We were at Mom and Dad's for 3 days.  Not nearly enough time but we packed in what we could.  A boat ride was top priority since I had been talking it up with the kids for the past few weeks.  Dad obliged and we made a trip to Santee Lake.  At one point we were speeding over some choppy water and I had to signal to Dad to slow down because both kids were crying in terror.  It was their first time on a speed boat.  Other than that moment Justus loved it, but Elise preferred when we were done with the speed boat and swimming near the dock  Next time we need to see Grampy fly his airplanes!  We also got to visit with my Aunt and Uncle one evening and the kids enjoyed swimming in their pool.  Even Naomi!









No comments:

Post a Comment